REQUIREMENTS FOR NGO REGISTRATION AND AFFILIATION WITH CPC
Written by Super User
1. All consumer NGOs must be duly registeredwith all relevant institutions of government,particularly with the
Corporate AffairsCommission, (CAC), being the FederalGovernment Agency primarily charged withthe responsibility of
registration ofcompanies, business name, and corporatetrustees such as NGOs, civil societies, clubs,etc.
1 2. Every application to the Council for registration and affiliation shall be accompanied by the following:
- A copy of the Certificate of registration issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- A copy of other registration certificate of the Association with other relevant regulatoryagency of the government (if any).
- Detailed information about the Organisation e.g. Vision and Mission Statements, areas of interest of the organisation (focus), spread of the organisation etc in the
- An outline of the strategic plans, specificprojects, and programmes the association intends to embark upon on yearly basis.
- The past activities of the organization, annual reports (if any) Minutes of previous meetings (if any)
- Copies of Publications of the organisation e.g Brochures, prospectus, Flyers, Posters etc and press clippings. If any.
- List of names, addresses and the Association. Each of the key officers of the associationmembers, Directors, etc)should sign against their names.
- The organizational structure of theAssociation with the names and addresses of the officers and theirschedule of duties.
- Details s representation(s) of the association on theboard of any establishment and the names and addresses of the officers who representthe Association on such boards (if any).
- Copies of any Certificate of Membership or affiliation with any national or international body (if any).
- CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION ANDAFFILIATION
- Following a satisfactory consideration of theApplication, a Certification Affiliation would be issued by the Counciland copies of the Certificate shall be displayed at the office(s) of the
- A copy of the said certificate shall also bepresented to the Consumer Protection State Committee in its relevant State of operation and shall be the evidence of Registrationand affiliation with the Council.
3. MINUTES OF MEETING
All registered Consumer Associations shallfurnish the Council with records of minutes of the Board and general meetings
signed by the Chairman and the Secretary.
4. PERIODIC REPORTS
All consumer NGOs registered with the Council shall furnish the Council withannual reports of all the activities of the Association and shall notify the Council of all the major activities it is planning to carry out.
5. ALTERATIONS AND CHANGE
1 The Council shall be notified of anyalteration, changes in the constitution or change of name of the organization
and/ornames of trustees, members of the Executive Committee of the Association.
2 Certified True Copies of such alterations and changes at the CAC should also be forwarded to the Council.
6. COLLABORATION WITH CPC
Only duly registered Consumer NGOs shall have the previlege of collaboration with the Council and also recommendation by the Council.
7. COLLABORATION WITH CPC STATE COMMITTEES
All registered and affiliated Consumer NGOsmay collaborate with the Council’s State Committees nearest to them.
8. SOURCES OF FUNDING
Every application must be supported withfinancial statement, source of funding and annual budget of the Association.
9.ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
Consumer Associations registered with the Council shall keep proper accounts andrecords of all financial transactions.
- After studying the Guidelines, the applicant will forward to the Council evidence of payment of N10, 000.00 (Ten thousand naira) registration fee. (Please, kindly note that the registration fee is subject to review at Council’s discretion.)
- The applicant will be provided with the Registration form.
- The completed application form will be returned to the Council.
After all the above mentioned processes, the Council will subsequently issue the applicant a letter of confirmation of registration.