NOTE: Kindly ensure you also read through the following sections: Assessment of Promo/Timeline, Provisional Offer, Post Approval, Post Promotion and Promotion Fees
- Application for registration of promotion by the promoter
- The Consumer Protection Council issues the sales promo guidelines to promoter and also a registration form to fill.
- The promoter fills the ‘application for registration form’ and submits to the Council
In the form, the following are stated:
- Name of promoter
- If a registered company, the CAC registration certificate (RC) number
- Name and description of promo
- Venue(s) of the promotion
- Particulars of promotion
- Total value of promo
- Prizes to be won
- Details of how consumers are expected to participate
- Closing date for entries if applicable
- Limitation on the availability of promotion packs in relation to the stated closing date
- Restrictions on entries if any
- Criteria for judging entries
- How and when winners and results will be announced
- How and when winners will be notified of results
- Will a cash alternative be substituted for any prize and vice versa? Yes/No
- If ‘Yes’, state details
- State clearly whether winners will be used in post-event publicity
Note: it is also stated in the form that:
- The promoter shall give the Council notice of any changes in respect of the particulars stated in the above application.
- The making of false entry in this form is a criminal offence punishable under S.19 of the CPC Act. 1992
- The ‘promo prize confirmation form’ must be filled and submitted to the Council (form attached).
- The company is also required to attach the following to the application:
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration
- Samples of advertisements to be placed in both electronic & print media
- Samples of questions for intended participants
- Detailed pro forma invoice of the gift items including the quantity of each item, unit cost and total costs.
- Letter of undertaking to run a free and fair promotion
- List and addresses of your redemption centres if any, to enable the Council program same into its field monitoring exercise.
- Samples of fliers and posters meant for the promotion
- Letter of approval from Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) for promos that require telecommunication services, in order to ensure avoidance of congestion of lines.